All Shine Physical Therapists are IN-NETWORK (Preferred ProviderS) with:
- First Choice Health Network
- Health Net
- Medicare and Medicaid
- MultiPlan PPO and PHCS
- Moda Health and Moda Medicare
- Regence Blue Cross Blue Shield (BCBS) Access and Preferred Provider Panel
- United Health Care (UHC), Champus/Tricare (non-network), Evercare, Student Resources from Optum
- Worker's compensation insurance (SAIF)
NON-CONTRACTED PRIVATE INSURANCES:
- If we are listed as an out-of-network provider for your insurance, we may able to bill them for your treatments.
Understanding your insurance coverage: We respect the need for you to understand your coverage before you begin treatment at Shine. Therefore, as a courtesy to every client we contact your health insurance company. We then inform you of your current physical therapy benefits prior to your first appointment. Once you are seen as a client, your physical therapist will generate a claim for each treatment based on what services were provided. Shine and our billing company, AthenaHealth, will track payment of the claim and keep accurate records of your account. If you have a co-insurance or deductible to meet, you will receive an invoice usually within 4-8 weeks from a treatment. If you have a co-payment, the full amount will be due on the day of treatment. Please call us with questions or concerns regarding your invoices.
Motor vehicle accidents: By Oregon law, your automobile insurance policy contains Personal Injury Protection (PIP). This allows you to receive treatment for injuries sustained in a motor vehicle accident (MVA). There is no deductible, copayment or other out of pocket expense for you. We simply need:
- A recent prescription from a medical doctor (MD), an osteopathic physician (DO), a naturopath (ND), or a dentist (DMD) but not a chiropractor (DC) per Oregon law. The prescription must indicate the MVA date.
- Your insurance company's name, claim number, and the name and contact information of your claims adjuster. You need to open a medical claim with your insurance company prior to receiving treatment.
Non-insured client discounts: When you pay the full amount of your treatment fee on the same day the services were provided we discount your bill to reflect the decreased administrative work. Cash, check and credit cards (except American Express) are accepted.
Medicare clients: Physical therapists can perform an evaluation under Direct Access in Oregon. However, we prefer you obtain a prescription for physical therapy from your physician prior to your first visit. As long as a physician signs off on a treatment plan, we are able to bill Medicare for your treatment.
For clients with economic hardships: Please request a financial hardship form to apply for further discounts.